This blog is dedicated to the memory of Baggle, Chester and Aunt Azzie.
Great cats who we will meet again someday at the Rainbow Bridge

Monday, May 12, 2008

So Much For Super! (2/4/08)

Me with Daddy and Baggle watching the Super Bowl


Baggle and I watched Super Bowl with Mommy and Daddy yesterday. It was fun. I like football! I usually watch from on top of the TV with Puff and Don’t Panic so I can chase the players when they run across the screen, but yesterday Daddy looked so comfy to sit on!

It wasn’t a happy ending! We all cheered for the Patriots. There was no way I was going to cheer for an underdog! Besides, the Patriot wanted to be like cats. They were on the verge of perfect! But I guess it just wasn’t meant to be, even with cats watching and cheering for them!

January was a quick month! Mommy and Daddy put away my tree. Now I’ll have to wait until Christmas again to play in it! Phooey! I didn’t even get a lot of play time this year! Would you believe they even yelled at me after the party, where I did NOT get a chance to show off my climbing skills? That’s because of Baggle. He gets scared when there are people over, even people we know if there are a lot of them. He stayed upstairs under the bed and I had to go and comfort the woose. He is my brother, ya know!

I think Mommy and Daddy were a little disappointed that I didn’t come and show off for their friends and that’s why they kept yelling if I started to climb. After a while, I just thought “the heck with it.” I got to climb a little when they were taking it down, but I sure miss having my tree up. Now the corner is just Daddy’s silly old projector screen. He shows trains on it, but they don’t move like the football players do! His screen also doesn’t have anyplace to sit like the big TV does.

I went to my new Ohio doctor for the first time this week. He says I’m 9 1/2 pounds. That’s 2 pounds bigger than my Aunt Azzie was! The doctor says that I’m normal, not too fat, like Baggle. That’s what he gets for hogging all the treats! I don’t like going to the doctor! Mommy and Daddy put us in our carriers and took us out to the car. IT WAS COOOOOOLD!!!! How could they be so mean?? I had my afghan that Grammy made me, but it wasn’t enough to keep me warm like when I sleep near the heat vent at home. I admit, I cried like a kitten when I was out in the cold! Then, I got shot. They say it’s supposed to keep me from getting sick, but that shot always makes me feel sick and sleepy for a day or so after. I just sleep until I feel better. Mommy and Daddy pay a lot of attention to me and try to get me to feel better, but I just need time to get over getting shot!

Well, now Super Bowl is over and the next big holiday is Valentine’s Day. I like Valentines Day better than Super Bowl. Nobody loses the Valentine game! Mommy and Daddy have lobster bisque and usually that means Baggle and I get a lick, well I get a lick if I’m lucky. Baggle takes the whole bowl! But our doctor says nicer stuff about me!

No comments: