This blog is dedicated to the memory of Baggle, Chester and Aunt Azzie.
Great cats who we will meet again someday at the Rainbow Bridge

Monday, May 12, 2008

Halloween, Happy?? (11/1/07)

Any other time of year, it's a nice cat-TV!

Well, I made it through my first Halloween in Toledo! Whew! I don’t know if Daddy, Baggle and I would have made it without Mommy’s heroics!

You see, on the two Halloweens I’ve had so far, I was living at Papa’s house. I never understood what Mommy was talking about when she said there wouldn’t be any kids because the houses were so far apart. We had kids at Papa’s house! Tori, Rina and Eddie all came over. JR and GR were over too. We had lots of kids and I didn’t think how big Papa’s yard was mattered!

But then last night, I found out what she meant! Halloween is a scary holiday! Kids you don’t even know dress up in scary costumes like vampires, wizards, giant lady bugs and cheerleaders! The first one came running towards our door to scare us, and boy did she! Baggle and I almost ran each other over running up the stairs trying to get away from her! But Mommy knew what to do!

Mommy sprang up from the couch and grabbed the loaded ammunition! She made kid-bombs out of plastic bags, ribbon and candy. She knew that if you give them candy, they’ll stop scaring your cats. But they kept coming! For TWO HOURS they swarmed on our house! I think Daddy was afraid of them too. He sat on the couch that could see the door and called for Mommy every time they came near, just like Mommy calls him when she sees a spider! Well, Daddy would get scared and tell Mommy more were coming and Mommy would throw more candy bombs in their bags and made them run away.

I was worried Mommy would run out of candy bombs and they’d get into the house, but the swarm ended just as the candy bowl was getting close to empty. Thanks to Mommy's know-how, Daddy, Baggle and I were safe! I think next year, maybe we should turn off the porch light. It didn’t work to scare away the scary kids in costumes!

No comments: