This blog is dedicated to the memory of Baggle, Chester and Aunt Azzie.
Great cats who we will meet again someday at the Rainbow Bridge

Monday, May 12, 2008

The Red Socks Nation (10/21/07)


Well, today was certainly a confusing day! Mommy and Daddy were gone all day. They do that a lot when it's really sunny out. They left really early, talking about trains again, and got home just in time to see baseball on the big people TV. Daddy’s team is playing. He likes the Red Socks. What I don’t get about that is you can’t see anyone’s socks and they all have gray socks from the games I watch! The people TV is cool. It's big and I sit on top of it with my friends, Don't Panic Bear and Puff the Magic Dragon. I can lean over and see when they hit the ball. I try to catch it.

But tonight, when Mommy and Daddy got home, Daddy tried to turn on the big TV and it kept turning right off. Mommy knows TVs and she came to see what was wrong and asked Daddy to give us our Sunday treat. Daddy gave us Salmon and Crab dinner! That’s one of my favorites! I ate a bunch of mine and then Baggle ate the rest. He didn’t eat it because I said okay! He ate it because Daddy had to run downstairs to turn on the other TV to see baseball because Mommy was still trying to make the big one work. She called Daddy. She thinks there was water in the TV. How did that get there?

Well, she did get the TV to stay on but said the picture was really bad. It had messed up shapes and color lines or something. Like I said, Mommy knows TV, but I don’t. Daddy came back upstairs and they decided that it was good enough to watch. Then they said the picture was getting better. Mommy said it must be the little bit of water burning off and drying out. They were happy that the TV was going to be okay. I still can’t figure out how the water got in the TV!

Well, things got okay and Baggle laid down next to Daddy and I jumped onto the top of the TV to watch the baseball game with Puff and Don’t Panic. I watched a little TV, washed and then went back to the middle of the TV. I had to do some looking and I still haven’t found them! Mommy bought Daddy some baseball carnations Monday and she put them in a glass on the TV. I laid them down this afternoon so I could eat them during the game and now they’re gone! Someone moved my flowers!

Oh well...Go Red Socks anyway!

No comments: