This blog is dedicated to the memory of Baggle, Chester and Aunt Azzie.
Great cats who we will meet again someday at the Rainbow Bridge

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What's This World Coming To?

Cats are getting squeezed out! I don’t think I like people government!

I don’t know too much about people government and I don’t really care about people politics. I really don’t. As long as they aren’t going to disband the SPCA, I don’t care. At least I used to not care. This year the people hired a new president and I’m worried.

My Aunt Azzie was really big on people politics. She used to watch them on the people-TV with her Mom. Aunt Azzie told me wonderful stories about President Clinton. He was one of the Dem Cats and the First Cat was named Socks. Then there was President Bush, she said everything he did was someplace else, nothing in America, so he wasn’t anyone important to an American cat.

The new president is President Barack, which just sounds a little bit too much like “bark” to me! And to make it worse, when he thanked everyone for hiring him, he said he was going to get his daughters a puppy. A puppy? A PUPPY? I KNEW it! His name IS too much like bark! They hired a dog-person!

To make matters worse, Mommy and Daddy were both very happy about it. They helped to hire a guy who likes DOGS!

Oh, it’s bad. Let me tell you!

Mommy and Daddy have that big people-TV, it’s not quite as big as our big screen cat-TV, but it’s big. It’s big enough that my friends Puff, Don’t Panic and Little Bear live on top of it. Well, it quit being a TV. Mommy and Daddy said it became a big blue radio.

They decided they didn’t want a big radio. Mommy needs to make a phone call to see if they can have someone make it a TV again. If they don’t make it a TV again, they’re going to get Papa to bring one of my Uncles to help take it away! Where will my friends live if they take away their home?

It’s not like President Bark will help a CAT’S friends!

And then last night, before Daddy got in, Mommy moved the metal box with the strings that is on the table next to the people-TV and put it on top of my blanket on the seat I watch TV on! It took up almost half the space!

Then, THEN, Daddy came home and instead of yelling at Mommy for doing that, he brought down another people-TV and used up the rest of my seat! He really did! Can you believe it??

To top it all off, this morning while I was TRYING to get a little space around that dumb old people-TV to peek at Cat-TV, Daddy finally did yell at Mommy. He told her not to open the screen on Cat-TV so much because the people-TV is in front of it.

I’m at a loss for words!

The people hire this dog-guy for their president and they start abusing cats. Their new president guy hasn’t even started working yet. He’s been hired, but he’s waiting over two months to start. It’s something about time to move to the city he has to work in, but the house isn’t finished yet. President Bark is moving into his house in Washington in January, after they paint it. I guess the PUPPY has to have a white house!

What’s this world coming to?

2 comments:

Edna B said...

I'm feeling so bad for you Kaline, old girl. Of course, you do realize that I'm a dog? Some of us are pretty darn nice folks. I mean, if I wasn't nice, would I be sitting here writing to you?

I know what you mean about the R2D2thing. I don't like loud noises either. My mom was thinking of getting a rhumba thingee to clean the dirt off the carpet, but I said "absolutely not in my lifetime!!!"

Do you have to take medicine and pills? Oh yuk yuk! I have to take this stuff every morning and every night. "She" is out there now squashing the pills on a spoon. then she puts water on it, but I know what it is. Lord have mercy, they do taste nasty!!

Well I have to go and hide now before she gets back in here with the pill stuff. Catch you later. You take care, Hugs, Tootsie.

Edna B said...

FROM TOOTSIE

Well I have to talk to someone. I just don't know what I'm going to do. One more bounce, and my treasured, spit covered ball will be totally split in half. I don't understand - It's only 5 years old, and I was hoping it would last a lot longer.

She keeps giving me these other nasty balls, but I don't really want them. they don't bounce right (they're sort of hard) and the fuzz is all wrong.

Do you suppose Santa might have another ball like my nice one? Gee, I hope so. What am I going to do?

You know, that's about all the exercise I ever get - is playing with my ball. She's always either at work or sitting at that stupid computer. Every now and then she takes time off to play ball with me. Just not often enough.

How about you? Does your mom play lots with you? Have you got a best ball? Maybe Santa has two of them, and you could have one.

I really want to play, but my ball isn't rolling so good right now. Besides, Uncle Moo won't play with me this morning. He's mad because I peed on the little scatter rug last night. Big deal. Isn't that what they're for? And I'll give you three guesses where she is right now.

As soon as she comes in from work, she comes to get me, gives me hugs and kisses, and rushes right over to that stupid computer to turn it on. Some days I wish I was a computer.

Well, I got it all off my chest now. Thanks for lending me your ear. I hope you're having a great day. Chat with you later.

Tootsie

p.s. You know, anytime you need an ear, I'm right here. That's what friends are for kiddo.