This blog is dedicated to the memory of Baggle, Chester and Aunt Azzie.
Great cats who we will meet again someday at the Rainbow Bridge

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Busy Summer!

Me and my birthday cake

I just celebrated my 5th birthday on August 12! Mommy served chicken birthday cake to all three of us and she and Daddy sang to me. That’s always very cool! Carla will be two this week and she’ll get to have her birthday cake in the family bowl of honor. I bet she'll like that! The bowl of honor was Aunt Azzie’s bowl. We kept it for birthdays to remember her.

We’ve had a lot going on around here this summer. Things have been okay, cut there have been some really bad things too.


In July, a bunch of worker men took over our bathroom! Mommy and Daddy had to bring our litter boxes upstairs for a few days and a bunch of noisy men invaded our house in the basement! They made so much noise my ears were throbbing! We all stayed upstairs while they were making all that noise in the bathroom. Mommy and Daddy said it was for waterproofing. What a great idea! It’s gotten wet in the basement before and I don’t like it when my paws get wet one bit! I’m so glad we have such a great staff!


Then a bug-guy was in the house. I don’t think I like him! It’s good that he kills the spiders that scare Mommy so much. Not that we can’t do that! In fact, spiders are pretty tasty. But Mommy gets all grossed out when she sees us eat them. Steenkey treats still taste better, so it’s okay for the bug-guy to kill the spiders. But what he does that is so NOT cool is that he makes it so mice can’t get in! Baggle and I like to play with mice and we’ve been telling Carla about the mice we’ve found in our basement. Well, okay, I’ve found one mouse down there since 2006, but there’s always a chance to find more. I look for them all the time. Now, the bug-guy came and used some stuff to chase them away. Like they weren’t having a hard enough time getting in before.


Baggle and I have decided that we wanted to share Behind Orange Eyes with Carla too. Her parts will be called Behind Dark Eyes. Her eyes aren’t dark they’re yellow, like mine, but she’s dark like I am orange, so that works okay! She has put a lot of work in on studying how to type in human and she’s not too bad.

The other big noisy thing that’s been going on is the Reds! Boy they are doing good this year and that makes Mommy happy, really happy! I like it when Mommy is happy and if baseball makes her as happy as she has been, I always want the Reds to win!

I’ll let Carla tell you about the Reds!


Behind Dark Eyes

Cat Treats For Everyone!

I think you all know that we are a huge baseball family. How could we be anything else? Kaline and Me are both named after famous baseball players! Baggle wasn’t named after a baseball player, but Kaline says he’s shaped like an old-school umpire. I don’t know what that means, but Kaline says I should Google “fat umpires.”

Anyway, we love red baseball things a lot. We like blue things and orange things too, but we really love red things. The Reds, in Cincinnati and the Red Sox in Boston. Carl Yastrzemski used to play in Boston. That’s where Daddy got my name. He liked Carl Yastrzemski when he was little.

This year the Reds are doing really good! When the Reds win, Mommy yells, “Reds win! Cat treats for everyone!” and gives us all treats. Then when the Cardinals lose, she does it again! “Cardinals lose, cat treats for everyone!” and more treats! Baseball is SO cool!

GO RED BASEBALLS!

-Carla





No comments: