This blog is dedicated to the memory of Baggle, Chester and Aunt Azzie.
Great cats who we will meet again someday at the Rainbow Bridge

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

Resting up for my birthday with my brother
(I was to excited to fall asleep right away!)

Today is August 12, MY BIRTHDAY! I am three years old today! YAY ME!

"Yay me," is because I am three. That’s pretty much a record in the truck stop. I’d be a veteran feral cat! I guess it’s good thing that I quit being feral. I didn’t want to be a doctor anyway!

Mommy says birthdays are a good day to think about how lucky you are and be thankful for all of the love you have. I am pretty lucky. I have a Mommy and Daddy who love me and a brother who loves my treats.

Okay, Baggle is good for playing with and cuddling with, but what he really does well is steal my treats! Tonight I’ll get the big treat bowl with my birthday cake in it. That’s a tradition. The big bowl with the cat shape was Aunt Azzie’s bowl. She left it to us when she went to the Rainbow Bridge, but Mommy and Daddy say we should use it for special times, like birthdays. When it’s your birthday, you get the special bowl. I wonder what flavor of cake I’ll get? I hope it’s salmon or lobster.

So I’m thankful for Lobster Bisque and Steenkey treats. Steenkey treats are my favorite treats! They are a very good brand of treat, very delicious and they smell like pure Heaven! When Mommy or Daddy smell them, they lean their heads back and look at the sky, like they are saying “thank you.” They’re THAT good! Maybe we’ll get extra Steenkey treats tonight since it’s my birthday. I’ll have to talk to Baggle, we can at least try to get more!

So now I am three. I’ve had almost three years with Mommy and Daddy, yummy food and lots of it, treats, cool toys and NO FLEAS! Tonight, I get birthday cake and I hope extra Steenkey Treats! Life at three is good!

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Hope you had a very happy birthday. Mine isn't till March, but my mom and Uncle Moo always make it a special day for me. Last birthday, Uncle Moo bought me a whole roasted chicken. Lord, I was in seventh heaven till the last yummy morsel was gone.

My name is Tootsie. I'm a Chinese Crested Powderpuff, and I'm 5 years old. I don't have any playmates because I've been sick since I was just a puppy, and I have to be careful of catching anything. But I have a tennis ball that I love, and my mommy and Uncle Moo play ball with me all the time.

Have to go now, mom needs to do her blog, and check her mail. Hope you got everything you wished for.

Tootsie.

Sheri said...

Happy belated b'day AK! Hope you had a fun day!

Auntie Sheri