This blog is dedicated to the memory of Baggle, Chester and Aunt Azzie.
Great cats who we will meet again someday at the Rainbow Bridge

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

When Someone Breaks Your Stuff


It was 2 weeks ago and it still bugs me. It always happens by someone you know. Carla steals my treats. I know Carla. That’s why she does it. Because it’s always someone you know. So Mommy has a friend that comes over every couple months. It’s always on Thursday. Daddy knows about it. He’s opened the door for him before! He is totally okay with what he does in MY house.

So, their friend, Mr. Orkin, I know his name because he wears it on his shirt, comes in with a can and walks all over the house, including our bathroom downstairs. What an invasion of privacy. What if I had to use the box? I’d have to send Carla to see if it’s okay first.

Well, last time he was here, he came upstairs and told mommy something about “just a few spiders in the basement and no mice.” He said it like he was happy about it! I know when he sees spiders he puts the spray on them and they fall. Kinda mean because they’re fun to chase and a tasty snack too, but Mommy is allergic to them. It’s a people word that starts with an A and means she’s afraid of them. She makes the same face when she tastes Daddy’s diet pop because there’s an A-something in it and she’s allergic to that. I think Mommy is allergic to the letter A.

Anyway, mice don’t have As, so why is it good not to have them? I think Mr. Orkin is why I can never find a mouse in the basement! He must have broken the place the mice live. I found a mouse in the basement before I moved here, when Aunt Azzie and I visited to meet Chester and Baggle. I keep going back and haven’t found one more mouse. Now I find out that Mr. Orkin does something with them when he visits. What a lousy house guest! No one ever asked us if it was okay to make the mice go away! WHO are the cats here anyway??

Mommy and Daddy are in some trouble and it’s going to take a LOT of catnip to fix this one. Oh, and Mr. Orkin is NOT welcome in this house ever again. Is that clear, Mommy?

I’m going back to curl up with Carla for a nap. We got the blankets on the bed fluffed just right! Maybe now that I got this off my fur, maybe I can get some rest.

No comments: