This blog is dedicated to the memory of Baggle, Chester and Aunt Azzie.
Great cats who we will meet again someday at the Rainbow Bridge

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Kaline!

..

Yeah, Mommy tells me it’s purrtenshis to talk in third person, but I’m a cat. I purr when I’m happy, so it’s good when I purr and on my birthday, I definitely purr, so I guess I am purrtenshis!

I don’t really remember being born, I was really young then but I remember that I lost my Mommy, so I had to find her. I was scared...and cold! I still don’t like being cold. I found someplace warm to take a nap and I remember waking up and hearing someone near the car I was sleeping in. I cried. Remember, I WAS a baby. I was crying because I was hungry.

Well, as luck, or maybe fate, would have it, I found exactly what I was looking for. I wanted my Mommy and I got to meet my Daddy when I found her! It wasn’t until a couple years later that I found out that I was adopted. That’s why Mommy doesn’t look like me. Daddy doesn’t either. We don’t know where my first Mommy is or where I got lost, but I don’t worry about it. I love Mommy and Daddy whether or not I was actually in their litter.

So today, Kaline is four years old! Yes, I’m totally purrtenshis about it. Heck, I’m probably purrtwentyshis!

Mommy and Daddy sang to me tonight and Mommy dished out the birthday cake. I got Surf and Turf birthday cake and boy was it yummy! That’s me eating my birthday cake in the birthday bowl on top of this blog entry. Mommy had to hold on to Baggle after he finished his part of my cake because he always steals my treats if she doesn’t hold him and, after all, it is MY birthday! I ate about half my piece and then I was feeling generous, so I let Baggle clean the bowl.

Later I watched some baseball. The Tigers weren’t doing well, which made me mad. I was named after a Tiger and it’s my birthday – they are supposed to win on my birthday! So I went to see Mommy and got a nice cuddle.

Now as my birthday ends, it’s time for birthday Steenkey treats and maybe some more petting from Mommy and Daddy.

I may have even get purrthirtyshis!
..

1 comment:

Edna B said...

Happy Birthday little lady!!! I hope all your presents were fantastic.

I have been busy finding my way around my house again. I have to locate all the chewies that I hid before when I could see what I was doing. It's sort of like "Hide and Go Seek."

There's this one cookie that I can't seem to find and my mother is getting a bit nervous because she says we will get overrun with ants. Yish!!

I have to go supervise now. Mom and Uncle Moo are moving the new bureaus into place, and I get two drawers all to myself for my clothes.

Have yourself a fantastic day, kiddo. Hugs and licks, Tootsie.